So here we are with another holiday coming up! Choosing a destination for this one has been quite easy. Because my priorities are very clear this time around. I want to party at the best club, shop at the most expensive street and eat at the most delicious restaurants in the world. With such clear intentions, the first city that comes to my mind is New York City without a shadow of doubt.
NYC is an extremely versatile vacation city as it is beautiful almost all year round. It is one of those cities that you just cannot get enough of. The fall is the best time to visit the city and the tourist numbers are also low as compared to summers. But if you are a snow fan like me, December to February is sheer beauty and also the cheapest time to go to New York. Book your flights from London to New York well in advance so as to get the best deals. Also planning the trip and itinerary beforehand always helps to make the trip more organized and enjoyable.
Let me help you out with the top 13 things to do in New York:
- Central Park The most famous park there is! It is a beautiful expanse of an urban park nestled between Upper East, Upper West and Fifth Avenue. A picnic or a stroll in this iconic park is a must to explore the Lake, Bow Bridge and Oak Bridge inside.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art Fondly called The Met, this museum is the largest in the US. It is an art lovers dream come true. One can enjoy artworks from Europe, Egypt, Asia, Africa, Islamic art etc.
- Museum of Modern Art This art museum is an influential museum in the modern art scene in this world. It houses over 3,00,000 books and contemporary and modern art installations from all over the world.
- Roberta’s Pizza After all the museum visits and park strolls, Roberta’s pizzeria is almost like heaven. Located in Brooklyn, the pizzeria is world famous for its wood oven pizza. Grab a slice and take it to go while exploring the city.
- Wythe Hotel Put the chic back in the New York dining scene, have a dinner and enjoy some cocktails at the rooftop Ides bar at the Wythe hotel. We all need to adore the New York night skies while having the best time of our life.
- Chelsea Market You just need to shop and eat at the Chelsea market. Every bit worth the hype, see the New York spirit in full form. You can have some locally roasted coffee at the pretty cafes and try different kinds of cuisines in the food hall.
- SoHo Want to pick up some art for your home or for gifting? SoHo is the place to go! With many art galleries in all ranges and artists flocking around, this is fun for a day outing.
- Little Italy After your outing in Soho, Little Italy is just a walking distance away. It is predominantly known for its Italian food and shops as the name suggests. Getting a dose of a different culture is always fun.
- China Town Another cultural neighborhood in Lower Manhattan, China Town is extremely popular among tourists. Enjoy an authentic Chinese meal and catch a movie at the Chinese theatre.
- Statue of Liberty This French gift to the USA is a hugely popular landmark sculpture that basically defines your trip to New York. One picture with this Roman goddess is a must!
- Brooklyn Bridge If you have seen pictures of New York City, you have definitely seen the Brooklyn Bridge. It’s a historic part of the New York skyline. One drive across or a walk on the bridge is a must.
- Times Square Book a flight from London to New York just for the Times Square! The mighty entertainment hub of Times Square lives up to all the hype and drama. Catch a Broadway show, see Planet Hollywood, shop at the Disney store and party all night long at the famous clubs. Ah Times Square, you have always had my heart!
- Empire State Building
Visit the Empire State Building for its part in world history. It stands tall despite the attacks. Landmarks are an important way to connect to the city vibe and culture.
Now that your itinerary is sorted book London to New York cheap flights and enjoy this glorious city.